allows individuals to come to the U.S. temporarily for pleasure


(1) proof of significant ties in your home country (employment, family, and/or financial assets); and

(2) proof that your visit will be temporary

bulletDuration of authorized stay in U.S.:

generally 6 months with the possibility of 6-month extensions


The B-2 visa allows you to come to the U.S. temporarily for pleasure. A B-2 visa also can be used to come to the U.S. for medical purposes. With a B-2 visa you can not be gainfully employed during your time in the U.S. In order to obtain a B-2 visa you generally must show that you have significant ties to your home country (such as proof of employment, family members, and/or financial resources in your home country). You also must show that your visit will be temporary in nature. With a B-2 visa you normally will be allowed to stay in the U.S. for 6 months, with the possibility of requesting a 6-month extension.

Immigration law is often complex in nature with different eligibility and filing requirements. The material on this page and the other pages of this web site is general and for informational purposes only. It is not intended to replace the advice and counsel of an attorney, and you should not rely on it solely when making decisions about your immigration status.

If you would like me to examine your particular situation and assist you in applying for a visa, it is possible to arrange for a consultation by telephone or e-mail.


Return to Visa Page

B-1Visas (Business Visitors) | B-2 Visas (Tourists) | F Visas (Students) | H-1B Visas (Professionals) | H-2 Visas (Agricultural Worker) | H-3 Visas (Company Trainee) | I-Visas (Foreign Media Employee) | J Visa (Exchange Visitor) | J Visa (Trainee) | K-Visas (Fiancée) | L-Visas (Intracompany Transferee) | M-Visas | O-Visas ( Extraordinary Ability) | P-Visas (Artists) | P-Visas (Athletes) | P-Visas (Entertainers) | R-Visas (Religious Workers) | TN-Visas (Professional Workers from Canada and Mexico) | Immigrant Investor | Treaty Trader | Treaty Investor | Family-Based Permanent Visas | Employment-Based Permanent Visas |US Visas | Diversity Visa Lottery | Lottery Online Registration | Lottery Mail registration | Job Offers | Portail Français | Visas Américains | Loterie des Cartes Vertes | Inscription en Ligne pour la Loterie | Inscription par Courrier pour la Loterie |Offres d'Emplois aux USA | Notre Cabinet | Services Offerts |Honoraires | Consultation Gratuite | Chat en Français | Forum en Français | Free Consultation | Questions | Chat | Forum | Services and Fees | About our Law Office | Home |